25 August 2013

Haul | 21st Birthday Presents!


I can't quite believe it was over a week ago now, but last week I had my 21st birthday! 
Luckily I don't feel any older and still act half my age so it's all good.
I thought I'd show you guys what I got; these pictures were taken before I had my birthday party at the local cricket club so since then I've been lucky enough to receive a few more bits of jewellery, gift vouchers, money, alcohol etc.

I know people sometimes complain about blog posts regarding birthday presents but they are my favourite blog posts to read, so just as a standard disclaimer I definitely am NOT boasting, I am just really excited and grateful to have received such gorgeous presents and I wanted to share that with you.
Now that's out the way, let's get stuck in!


My auntie bought me the VK's, Marilyn Monroe eye mask and red spotty ice pack (she blatantly knows me too well), along with some money, and my sister very bravely decided to buy me 21 things beginning with the letter J! 
Not all of these are pictured, but they included the Jack Daniels nail stickers (classy!), Jaffa cake keyring, and the gorgeous little Jane Austen book you can see peeking out just behind the acrylic makeup storage.
 The picture does not do this book justice at all. It's beautiful to look at and the paper is gorgeous; really thin and delicate so I'm not sure I'm brave enough to actually read it in case I ruin it! She also bought me the cute J scrabble piece ring, the gorgeous blue ceramic jar and the little colourful sticks on the bottom right of the picture. They are called Juicy Canes; I really wish I'd have taken a close-up picture of the ends of these because each rubbery stick is a different shape. They are so cute; and you chop them up into tiny pieces to stick onto your nails. They're so adorable, no doubt they'll be featuring on my blog anyway so watch out for that.


The gorgeous lilac Tresor Paris bracelet was a gift from a close family friend, I am so excited to own a genuine Tresor Paris bracelet! Everything else was given to me by my mum and dad, including the Real Techniques makeup brushes which I have been lusting after for far too long, a white rotating wooden pot to store my makeup brushes, the acrylic makeup storage, the vintage ring in the green box and the clothes in the image below.

Apologies for the bad photo quality, it was the best of a bad bunch!
My main gift from my parents was the party I mentioned before; I had such an amazing time and literally could not have had a better birthday if I tried. Don't you just love birthdays?
I'm also being taken shopping by my closest friends soon so that I can pick out some makeup for them to buy me, so I still have that to look forward to!

I am unbelievably grateful for all of my presents and I was well and truly spoilt rotten!
I have been doing a lot of shopping recently to get rid of the birthday money which is beginning to burn a hole in my pocket, so I think I'll try and get a few more haul posts up soon as well.

Love,
Jo xx

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love reading posts like this - I always think having to have a disclaimer to show gifts is ridiculous because those that moan about them are missing out on seeing some gorgeous things! That vintage ring is amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! :) It's stupid having to justify why you're writing the post isn't it; you should be able to blog about what you want without having to back it up!! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the shoes, clothes and make up brushes!
    Personally, I love reading these kinds of posts (: Happy belated birthday!

    Yuen from The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some fab things! Hope you had a lovely day. Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sisters present idea was adorable!
    catrinteleri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I adore everything, so jealous! My favourites would have to be the vintage ring and the ceramic jar, but everything looks so lovely! Happy (very belated) Birthday as well :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and opinions so please feel free to leave them! I will reply to every single one :) However, please note that although I am more than happy for you to leave your blog link, I do not do follow-for-follows, and any spam comments will be deleted